Structure House has empowered more than 40,000 people over the last 40 years to lead healthier lifestyles. Their success speaks for itself1:
- 98% report reduced levels of depression and mood disturbance
- 92% with elevated cholesterol leave our program within normal ranges
- 74% increase in reported self-esteem
- 39% improvement in physical mobility
- Elimination or significant reductions in medications/treatment for high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and diabetes
- Reduced pain
- Average weight loss is 5-6% of total body weight during the Core Program
- One year after completing the Core Program, participants average 12% weight loss
- 86 % have maintained their weight loss 2 years following participation in the Core Program2
The Structure House Diabetes Program was the first program to demonstrate that lifestyle change alone promotes rapid health improvements in individuals with diabetes. A peer-reviewed study3 showed that participants in our diabetes program experience:
- Elimination or reduction in diabetes medication
- Improved glycemic control
- Reduced blood pressure
- Improved lipids
- Reduced hemoglobin A1c
Our featured participants are further evidence of the life-changing effects of our comprehensive Structure House Core Program. Each of them has a unique journey to wellness – learn how they have personalized their Structure to achieve their goals.
1 Pells, J.J., Stout, A.L., & Musante, G.J. (2010). Expanding Stepped-Care for Obesity: Overview and Evaluation of an Intensive Treatment Program for Adults. Obesity and Weight Management, 6(3), 146-151.
2 Pells, J.J. (2015). [Annual follow-up data: Weight loss outcomes]. Unpublished raw data.
3 Pells, J.J., Stout, A.L., Rodriguez-Diaz, M.M., Quigley, C.A., & Musante, G.J. (2012). Brief Intensive Lifestyle Intervention Leads to Rapid Diabetes Improvements. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, 6 (2), 178-185.