At Structure House, we help people to transform their lives and weight loss is just one component on their journey to optimal health and well-being. We help participants find success in many areas of their lives, including*:
- Increased energy
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower cholesterol
- Improved blood sugar control
- Improved sleep habits
- Enhanced self-image
- Enlightened personal relationships
- Healthy weight loss
- Decreased need for medication
- Decreased pain
- Enhanced self-esteem and confidence
Consider Cathy, a 56-year-old diabetic woman from Ohio who suffered from hypertension. By the end of her recommended four-week stay at Structure House, she had achieved a dramatic health makeover*.
- Cholesterol decreased from 283 to 230
- Blood sugar lowered from 323 to 150
- Weight dropped from 224 to 209 pounds
- Blood pressure reduced from 149/88 to 122/80; reduced by one-half
- Insulin reduced by one-third
Healthy weight loss research is an important component of the Structure House program, and our findings are routinely presented at obesity conferences and published in peer-reviewed journals. A recent study looked at average weight loss of male and female guests, with these findings*:
Average 4-week Weight Loss for Men:
- 6% of body weight
- Beginning average weight: 322 lbs.
- Ending average weight: 301 lbs.
- Average weight loss: 21 lbs.
Average 4-week Weight Loss for Women:
- 5% of body weight
- Beginning average weight: 250 lbs
- Ending average weight: 235 lbs.
- Average weight loss: 15 lbs.
Over a one-year period the average man lost 47 lbs. and the average woman lost 31 lbs, and 86% have maintained their weight loss 2 years following participation in the Core Program1
1Pells, J.J. (2015). [Annual follow-up data: Weight loss outcomes]. Unpublished raw data.