At Structure House, our wellness packages are completely customizable. You get to choose the treatment focus, length of stay, and additional support that’s right for you.
Learn how to have your family join you along your wellness and weight loss journey at Structure House.
At Structure House we offer a unique opportunity for family and loved ones to learn the same strategies and skills as individuals participating in our residential program. Making lifestyle changes can be challenging, but research shows that when individuals receive support from others invested in their success, it can help them take more effective strides toward achieving their goals. With this in mind, family support may choose to join for all or part of their loved ones visit.
Those who want to support a loved one on their journey toward improved health often have questions about how to provide support in an effective way. We can help family and loved ones to gain a better understanding of the factors that contribute to weight issues, the psychological factors that can impact eating and exercise habits, as well as the potential impact the participant’s lifestyle changes may have on them.
Everyone differs in terms of what helps and supports them in their efforts to establish healthy lifestyle behaviors, and we encourage family/support persons to ask their loved one how they can support them during this process. It is also not uncommon for family members to struggle with their own weight, but they may be in a different place in terms of their readiness for change. Structure House can help participants and support persons to acknowledge this and discuss how they can best meet each other’s needs.
We have designed the family support package add-on to make having someone here with you easy and to allow him or her to participate in as much of the program as possible without being a participant. Our family support option includes the following:
- Accommodations in our on-campus, fully furnished private apartments with the participating member (1- and 2-bedroom options available)
- Three healthy, balanced meals per day created by our executive chef, plus the option of healthy planned snacks
- All lectures on nutrition, fitness, behavioral health, and other health issues (e.g., diabetes/endocrinology)
- Access to our fitness facilities and our heated indoor and outdoor saltwater pools
- Participation in optional outings and cooking demonstrations
- Access to services, including massage therapy, personal training, nutrition counseling, and individual psychotherapy for an additional fee
Those registered for family support may not participate in the following:
- Intake/assessment with a Structure House therapist
- Fitness, nutrition, or nursing evaluation
- A separate folio account; fees are attached to the participant hosting the support person (we will gladly accept payment from the support person but it will be applied to the participant’s folio)
- Family support may not occupy their own apartment; it is the responsibility of the hosting participant to make arrangements for sleeping accommodations
The cost for a Family Support person is a flat rate and cannot be broken down per service. If you have someone who wishes to be Family Support for less than a period of five consecutive days please call us.