Look forward to a healthier lifestyle and a promising future with help from Structure House. Our evidence-based approach helps our guests embrace their strengths, heal their bodies, and create lasting, positive change.
Structure House has empowered more than 40,000 people over the last 40 years to lead healthier lifestyles. Their proven success speaks for itself1:
- 98% report reduced levels of depression and mood disturbance
- 92% with elevated cholesterol leave our program within normal ranges
- 74% increase in reported self-esteem
- 39% improvement in physical mobility
- Elimination or significant reductions in medications/treatment for high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and diabetes
- Reduced pain for a better quality of life
- One year after completing the Core Program, participants average 12% weight loss
- 86% have maintained their weight loss 2 years following participation in the Core Program2
The Structure House Diabetes Program was the first program to demonstrate that lifestyle change alone promotes rapid health improvements in individuals with diabetes. A peer-reviewed study3 showed that participants in our diabetes program experience:
- Elimination or reduction in diabetes medication
- Improved glycemic control
- Reduced blood pressure
- Improved lipids
- Reduced hemoglobin A1c
Our featured participants are further evidence of the life-changing effects of our comprehensive Structure House Core Program. Each of them has a unique journey to wellness and healthy weight loss – learn how they have personalized their Structure to achieve their goals:
1 Pells, J.J., Stout, A.L., & Musante, G.J. (2010). Expanding Stepped-Care for Obesity: Overview and Evaluation of an Intensive Treatment Program for Adults. Obesity and Weight Management, 6(3), 146-151.
2 Pells, J.J. (2015). [Annual follow-up data: Weight loss outcomes]. Unpublished raw data.
3 Pells, J.J., Stout, A.L., Rodriguez-Diaz, M.M., Quigley, C.A., & Musante, G.J. (2012). Brief Intensive Lifestyle Intervention Leads to Rapid Diabetes Improvements. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, 6 (2), 178-185.