Achieve a healthier lifestyle and a promising future with help from Structure House. Our weight loss medication track allows participants to take strides toward achieving their weight loss goals with the support of our compassionate clinical team.
Structure House, located in Durham, North Carolina, is a premier residential weight loss center for adults age 18 and older of all genders. Our comprehensive programs for weight loss are fully customizable, and adults who participate in our services can benefit from evidence-based therapy, nutritional counseling, and fitness coaching.
Weight Loss Medication Track
At Structure House, we are committed to helping participants achieve their wellness goals. Research shows that weight loss medication can support individuals in making the fitness and nutritional changes that are at the cornerstone of our programming. Weight loss medication can be an excellent tool to help adults lose weight by reducing appetite, enhancing metabolism, and regulating emotional eating or binge eating patterns.
We offer a compounded version of semaglutide, which is available as an add-on to our JumpStart and Graduate programs. This medication works optimally when combined with quality nutrition, physical fitness, and behavioral therapies. The professionals you may work with in this track include:
- Medical doctors
- Registered dietitians
- Licensed therapists
- Life coaches
- Exercise physiologists
The medication track must be completed during a consecutive four-week period, and participants are required to undergo a brief medical screening prior to arrival to determine eligibility. Once you finish the program, we will continue to provide you with encouragement and resources via email to help you maintain your results.
We will send you home with an additional eight weeks’ worth of compounded semaglutide to support your continued progress. During these eight weeks, our team of experts will email you recipes and health education on a variety of topics. You will also have the opportunity to return to Structure House at a later date for our Medication Reboot Week, which includes fitness, nutrition, and behavioral classes. You can also receive another three-month supply of medication during the Reboot Week.
Benefits of Weight Loss Medication
Weight loss medications offer several potential benefits for adults who are struggling with obesity or health conditions related to their weight. At Structure House, a trained healthcare professional administers all weight loss medications and monitors doses for side effects and individual response. Features and benefits of compounded semaglutide and other weight loss medications may include:
- Supplementing lifestyle changes: Compounded semaglutide can be used in conjunction with healthy lifestyle changes, such as a balanced diet, regular physical activity, and counseling, to enhance the overall weight loss process.
- Appetite suppression: Compounded semaglutide works by reducing appetite and can help individuals consume fewer calories over the course of the day.
- Initial motivation: Weight loss medications can provide people with quick initial results. This can boost motivation and confidence and encourage participants to continue their weight loss journey.
- Health improvement: Weight loss medication and resulting weight loss often lead to improvements in overall health, such as reduced blood pressure, improved blood sugar control, and lower risk for certain obesity-related conditions, like Type 2 diabetes.
- Customized approach: At Structure House, our healthcare professionals tailor compounded semaglutide regimens to meet each participant’s specific needs. We consider each person’s medical history, drug allergies, and overall weight loss goals to ensure a personalized approach to programming.
- Short-term assistance: Weight loss medications like compounded semaglutide can be particularly beneficial for jump-starting weight loss efforts, especially for individuals who may have struggled to lose weight through diet and exercise alone.
- Improved quality of life: Weight loss can lead to increased energy levels, improved mobility, enhanced self-esteem, and an overall improved quality of life.
At Structure House, we recognize that weight loss medication will not magically solve all your problems. These medications are meant to be used as a tool to support other weight loss efforts, such as quality nutrition, physical activity, and behavior modification. Before you start this program, a member of our medical team will take the time to discuss realistic expectations, potential risks, and benefits with you.
Medication is just one component of a comprehensive weight management plan, and the team at Structure House is prepared to help you begin your weight loss journey with confidence.
Features of Our Weight Loss Medication Track
At Structure House, we understand that each person’s body responds to weight loss medication differently. In our weight loss medication track, we provide a personalized plan for each participant. This four-week program includes the following features to help participants achieve their weight loss and health goals:
- A comprehensive medical assessment upon arrival to determine which compounded semaglutide dosage is right for you
- Seminars on how to create nutritious meals while on hunger-suppressing medications
- Sessions on developing healthy coping strategies for emotional eating
- Strength training and fitness classes
- Weekly medical consultations to assess the efficacy of medications, adjust dosages, and address any side effects
The weight loss medication track is an add-on to Structure House’s live-in residential programs. This unique and effective approach to weight management incorporates scientifically supported principles of nutrition, exercise, and behavioral health to help participants achieve healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Our staff works closely with each participant to develop a plan that suits their goals and personal health needs. We seek to celebrate the strengths and gifts of each individual who turns to us for help.
The Structure House Difference
At Structure House, our aim is to help you attain sustainable and long-lasting weight loss outcomes. In our residential programming, participants live independently in private apartments on our peaceful, 12-acre campus. Participants typically stay for up to four weeks, but some people choose to stay longer.
Unlike some traditional weight loss boot camps that may only focus on immediate results, we support our participants in maintaining weight loss. We encourage each person to make their own decisions about nutrition and exercise without shame, guilt, or following extreme measures like fad diets or unsustainable workout routines.
At Structure House, we offer a modern healthcare approach that goes beyond physical fitness and nutritional guidance. Our knowledgeable team helps participants recognize the link between their mental health and weight loss obstacles. Structure House incorporates the following into each person’s care:
- Life coaching: When it comes to managing weight, it’s important for participants to recognize and address any negative thoughts, attitudes, and behaviors that may hinder efforts to establish and sustain healthy habits. We meet participants where they are and help them explore their relationships with food and develop healthy ways of coping with their emotions that don’t involve binge eating or overeating.
- Nutritional guidance: At our facility, we adhere to scientifically proven methods of healthy eating that do not involve restrictive dieting. This approach is vital so that participants can achieve their weight loss goals in a sustainable way. Participants meet with a registered dietitian throughout programming who develops a customized nutrition plan and can provide them with the tools to make healthy eating decisions at home.
- Fitness coaching: We provide participants with a variety of safe, effective, and fun fitness classes that are customized to each individual’s current fitness level. We believe that mindful movement that nourishes the body and is enjoyable is the best way for people to consistently incorporate healthy activity into their daily routines.
Contact Structure House today to learn how our weight loss medication track can help you achieve your weight loss goals. A member of our admissions team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to take your call.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at Structure House.